Mistbox was built with the privacy of your data in mind. Keeping your data secure, and in your control, is paramount to how we operate. We believe that your data belongs to you, and that it is confidential. We use best-in-class practices and technology to keep it private and secure. We will not share it with others unless you have given us permission to do so, or we have anonymized and / or aggregated it such that your information is not personally identifiable.
Terms not defined herein are defined in the Mistbox Terms & Conditions (https://www.mistbox.com/termsofservice.html).
Product Data. The Mistbox sensor will collect data about the air conditioning (“AC”) unit it is installed on. Our sensors collect data, and Mistbox uses the data to discern when the AC unit is in use. Some or all of this data is sent to Mistbox servers for continuous improvement and reporting back to you, the customer.
Application Data. The Mistbox device and app collects various information at setup time, and during normal operation. Such information includes: weather data, location data, application usage information (to improve application and services), and crash and error reporting.
Information needed for Purchase. If you purchased Mistbox through our website, www.mistbox.com (the “Site”), we collect information about the purchase and delivery of your Mistbox. This may include items such as, your email address, billing and shipping address, and your phone number. Credit card information is not collected by Mistbox and is processed by a third party payment processor.
Website Data. Mistbox collects information when you visit the Site. We collect information provided to us such as, name, email, and any other information you submit when you visit our Site. Some additional information is automatically collected to help improve our services, to identify what pages are accessed most frequently and to make our Site more user friendly. This information includes, your Internet Protocol address, access time, browser type, language used, and computer operating system. We also collect usage behavior of our website for improvement. An archive of these website log files and associated analysis and reports are retained indefinitely by Mistbox as a way of measuring patterns of website traffic over the years and in order to facilitate future planning.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used via the Mistbox service or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third Party Applications
We may use tools offered by third party services, such as Google, to send data about actions users take on our site. These third party services may use such data to provide measurement services to Mistbox or to target ads. By continuing to browse on our Site, you consent to cookie (or other tracking technologies) collected by Mistbox or its third party vendors, for the purpose of serving targeted advertising.
Use of Information We Collect
No information that we collect that is identifiable to you will be used in any way outside of our company without your express consent, except to the extent identified herein.
We may use information that we collect in the following ways:
- To improve our Mistbox services and products. This includes improvements that are specific to your installation and that improve the products, service, and Site.
- To identify opportunities for you to improve the efficiency of your AC unit, such as ways to reduce electricity consumption, or identifying devices that are running inefficiently or may be failing.
- To send you alerts that you have enabled, such as fault detection for your AC unit.
- To understand you and your preferences, to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site, Product, and Service.
- To provide you customer service through email, mail, or phone.
- To provide and deliver the Product, Water Treatment Cartridges and Service’s you request.
- To send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To link or combine your information with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- To provide you with more personalized advertisements, which may include providing third party advertising vendors with data collected to target advertising based on the end users' online activity.
Mistbox may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country.
Sharing of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- with your consent, for example, when you agree to our sharing your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes subject to their separate privacy policies
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information which cannot be linked to your specific account or other personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
Due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information while it is being transmitted to us via the internet. However, we take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Mistbox staff who have access to personal information gathered from the Site are made aware of data protection responsibilities.
Your Information Choices and Changes
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts of 1998 and 2003 we will update or delete your personal data.
If you terminate the Service and uninstall or deactivate the Hardware, you may request that we delete all of the Product Data and Information for Purchase that was collected for your Account. To request this, please send an email to privacy@Mistbox.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing privacy@Mistbox.com.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Service. You can opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by visiting the NAI website opt-out page here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or the DAA opt-out page here: http://www.aboutads.info/.
California Users: Your California Privacy Rights.
In addition, California’s “Shine the Light” law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses’ practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you wish to find out about any rights you may have under California Civil Code section 1798.83, you may notify us in writing at privacy@Mistbox.com.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “Last Updated” date below.
If you have any questions about this Policy or to access personal information we may have of yours, please contact us at privacy@Mistbox.com
or by writing to:
10661 Haddington Dr #170
Houston, TX 77043